The mission of the Oklahoma Grape Industry Council (OGIC) is to promote the entire wine industry in the state; to encourage camaraderie among the hobbyists, viticulturists, and vintner alike; and to promote education to facilitate the resulting production of grapes, wine and all associated by products at the highest standard.
- Coalition of state-wide grape grower groups working cooperatively to move the Oklahoma Grape and Wine Industry forward in progressive & positive ways.
- Improve grape quality through grant & viticulture education classes offered by Oklahoma State University
- Overcome wine credibility issues through grants, testing & competitions
- As an industry, join marketing groups such as MIO coalition, Oklahoma Travel Industry Association, Agritourism Association
- Utilize grape monies for promotion of Oklahoma grapes and Oklahoma manufactured wine
- Facilitate grape sales by matching vineyards with compatible wineries
- Work cooperatively to create and pass legislation which benefits the Oklahoma Grape & Wine Industry
- Work closely with Oklahoma State University, Dept. of Agriculture and ABLE Commission
- Create an environment in Oklahoma Government which encourages and assists commercial vineyard & winery businesses.
OGIC Facebook: OGIC
Oklahoma Grape Growers Group: Grape Growers